PAM Limits (ulimit -n) causing problems on RedHat 8 Oracle 9

Nathan Lloyd joker1975 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 19:03:04 UTC 2004

sorry, that's what I meant to say when I put "I've already set the
system wide limit"..
/proc/sys/fs/file-max is 32767

I wish I knew where my problem was.. Since limits.conf is set high and
/proc/sys/fs/file-max is set high I don't know where else to look..

This limit seems to only be showing up in Cron and SSH.. when I run
ulimit -n from console or from "su - username" the limits seem to fit
with what I put in limits.conf

-Nathan