pam_adduser ?

Joe Lewis joe at joe-lewis.com
Fri Jul 30 16:09:28 UTC 2004

I never did see a response.  I've got one module that will fork()&exec()
  the add user script (security hole it is), but I would suggest
building a module from scratch.

Samba only uses PAM if the password is supplied in plain-text - meaning
most Windows installations, by default, won't use PAM.

One question is : when using PAM, does the Samba suite call
pam_open_session()? functions?  If so, it is possible to do an immediate
clean up once verified in either the pam_open_session() or
pam_close_session().

Joe