putting cracklib check in /etc/pam.d/passwd

sunitha kumar sunithak123 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 4 18:27:45 UTC 2004

Hi,
I am trying to use pam_cracklib to verify the strength of password,
whenever, a password gets changed. So, I have this entry in
/etc/pam.d/passwd:
password required       /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so retry=3 type=MY_UNIX
dcredit=2 ucredit=2 ocredit=2 lcredit=0 minlen=5 difok=4

password required       pam_pwdb.so use_authtok shadow md5

I get the MY_UNIX changes when I change password, but, dont get the retry to
be 3. Is cracklib failing. How do I set up debugging on this?
And, finally, should pam_pwdb be pam_unix.so ?
thanks,
-sunitha