Problem with ipop3d and pam_mysql

firstcon firstcon at gmx.net
Thu Mar 4 23:02:11 UTC 2004

Hi Joe,

thanks for your reply.

The box has been installed yesterday, with a clean fresh RH9 :)

There is no other pam_mysql around except the one in
/lib/security i just compiled before from pam_mysql-0.5.0 i got
from sf.net

I did some more tests:

pam_mysql.c assumes that the mysqlserver is on localhost, because
in mysql_real_connect() the port-number is hardcoded to 0.

I already tried to change that to 3306, for example. But it still
doesn't work.

The problem is that i really have compiled with:

#define DEBUG

but i don't see any messages in syslog. To which syslog facility
would it be logged? I assume it should either go to messages or
secure logfile. Nothing in both of them.

Did you ever connect to a remote mysqlserver with pam_mysql?

I can connect to local mysqlserver, but every attempt to connect
to a remote mysqlserver fails - without any messages in syslog.
Just to be sure: yes, the remote mysqlserver is open for my
client machine, i can use the mysql client to connect to it.

Kind regards,
Andy

Original Message, Date 04.03.2004, 23:59 h: