Problem with ipop3d and pam_mysql

Joe Lewis joe at joe-lewis.com
Thu Mar 4 23:39:48 UTC 2004

It will log to security (also to tty0 or the first text terminal at the
workstation).  You can compile it with -DDEBUG as well as putting the
#define in the source code.  Since you are working with a fresh RedHat,
the package should put everything in the perfect spot (Source Forge
source is best, which is more than likely what you are doing).

So, with it NOT putting anything in syslog, you might want to check the
source.  One thing I found is that there are no wrappers for DEBUG, but
there is the D(()) macro.  Plus, there should be a function called
"askForPassword", which I can't find in the current SF version of it.  I
might suggest looking at the code and ensuring that there is plenty of
"#if DEBUG" lines.

Joe