Problem with user root

Tay, Gary Gary_Tay at platts.com
Fri May 21 16:28:25 UTC 2004

Sorry pam_rootok is used by "su - user" command that does not require root pw, and therefore not related to this issue.

What about:

Add this line to your system-auth file:
account     sufficient         /lib/security/pam_localuser.so

between these two:
account     required      /lib/security/pam_unix.so
account     [default=bad success=ok user_unknown=ignore service_err=ignore
system_err=ignore]  /lib/security/pam_ldap.so

I got the above from:

http://www.netsys.com/pamldap/2003/03/msg00049.html

Let us know if it works.

Rgds