Rely on string in const struct pam_message?

Dan Behman dbehman at ca.ibm.com
Sat May 22 20:23:54 UTC 2004

Hi,

I want my application to be non-interactive so I'm coding my own
converation function that will interact with the PAM modules...  My
question is, can I safely do string comparisons on the msg string member
of the pam_message structure to decide what responses my converation
function will send back?

In other words, are the existing string messages sent to an app's
conversation function written in stone and expected to not change?  Or
perhaps I'm going about this all wrong...

Thanks,
Dan Behman..