[FC2] pam_ldap and root user

ALBANI damiano damiano.albani at univ-lr.fr
Thu May 27 10:30:49 UTC 2004

Hello,

When I try to log in as root, the PAM stack uses LDAP to check the password.
How can I prevent this ? I'd like to have a set of local users, so that
PAM looks up in LDAP only if the user doesn't exist on the system.
I've put everywhere pam_unix.so as 'sufficient' and before pam_ldap.so,
but to no avail :(

Here is my /etc/pam.d/system-auth :

#%PAM-1.0
# This file is auto-generated.
auth        required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_mount.so
auth        required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_env.so
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
use_first_pass
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_ldap.so use_first_pass
auth        required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so

account     sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_succeed_if.so uid < 100
account     sufficient      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so
account     [default=bad success=ok user_unknown=ignore]
/lib/security/$ISA/pam_ldap.so

password    requisite     /lib/security/$ISA/pam_cracklib.so retry=3
password    sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so nullok
use_authtok md5 shadow
password    sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_ldap.so use_authtok
password    required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so

session     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_limits.so
session     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_mount.so
session     sufficient      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so
session     sufficient      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_ldap.so

Thanks a lot,

--
Damiano ALBANI