Sudo and GNOME's menu

Gilles Fabio gilles.fabio at laposte.net
Mon Oct 18 02:38:08 UTC 2004

Hi everybody !

About me ?

Name    : Gilles Fabio
Nick    : Play
Age     : 21
Country : France
Distro  : Red Hat and Fedora Core
Blog    : http://gfabio.blog.free.fr (french)

Sorry... My English is very bad :( I hope you'll understand my e-mails.

I created a user account which has all root privileges by using sudo.
This user is in the "wheel" group. The lines of my /etc/sudoers file :

root    ALL=(ALL) ALL
%wheel  ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

I would like to never enter root password for applications which require
these privileges when I'm connected on this user account.

In console, all is OK. I use :

$ sudo my_application

So, under GNOME desktop (2.6 - Fedora Core 2), when I want to start
root's applications in the menu (for example, system-config-date), I
always have a dialog box which invite me to enter root password. Instead
of that, I would like a sudo authentication. "sudo" instead of "su root"
(as we can see on Ubuntu Linux).

I think that concerns PAM configuration.

Someone could help me please ?

Regards,
Gilles