passwdqc solaris

Solar Designer solar at openwall.com
Fri Sep 17 19:43:24 UTC 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 01:05:48PM -0400, Jaskaran Singh wrote:
> I am completely stuck installing this pam passwdqc module. I have configured
> the module with options that it takes a minimum of 6 characters and accepts
> alpha-numeric password. But I am unable to get rid of the segmentation fault
> if I remove the options
> #other   password requisite      pam_authtok_get.so.1
> #other  password requisite      pam_authtok_check.so.1
> from my pam.conf file. I am working on solaris 9 using blowfish as the
> passwd algorithim.

This suggests that you're using a very recent build of Solaris 9 (or
very recent Sun patches).  And the segfault suggests that it's also
somewhat buggy. :-)

I'll proceed with debugging this problem communicating with you via
private e-mail, and I hope that I'll be able to put in a workaround
for this version of Solaris into pam_passwdqc as a result.

Thanks,

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar at openwall.com>
GPG key ID: B35D3598  fp: 6429 0D7E F130 C13E C929  6447 73C3 A290 B35D 3598