PAM + KRB5afs & lstat()??!

Jason Gerfen jason.gerfen at scl.utah.edu
Fri Sep 24 17:29:04 UTC 2004

My question is concerning any issues with PAM and not being able to
dynamicly load the newer updated pam-krb5afs module.

More specifically my error:
Sep 24 11:09:24 jg-linuximage01 kdm[1591]: PAM unable to
dlopen(/lib/security/pam_krb5afs.so)
Sep 24 11:09:24 jg-linuximage01 kdm[1591]: PAM [dlerror:
/lib/security/pam_krb5afs.so: undefined symbol: stat]
Sep 24 11:09:24 jg-linuximage01 kdm[1591]: PAM adding faulty module:
/lib/security/pam_krb5afs.so

After doing a little research and looking at the source I see that the
lstat() is designed to gather attributes of a file prior to attempting
to open the file.  What I am confused about is the fact that according
the lstat() man pages the include file is all that should be required
and yet I recieve the above error message.

Any help is appreciated...

--
Jason Gerfen

"And remember... If the ladies