opasswd

Jan Rekorajski baggins-pam at sith.mimuw.edu.pl
Fri Sep 24 18:10:47 UTC 2004

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Terry Orgill wrote:

> I have pam_tally working now.  When using telnet the no_magic_root
> option is vital.  I am trying to get the system to check passwords
> against those already used.  I know pam_cracklib checks passwords
> against those in /etc/security/opasswd, but how do you get the
> passwords written to opasswd in the first place?  I have tried a
> variety of options with pam_unix.so, pam_unix_passwd.so, pam_pwdb.so
> and nothing has worked so far.

 From the README file:

        remember=X      -       remember X old passwords, they are kept in
                                /etc/security/opasswd in MD5 crypted form

so try something like:

password	required	pam_unix.so remember=5

Jan
--
Jan Rękorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?