Local address from PAM module?

Jason DiCioccio geniusj at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 20:34:49 UTC 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 20:50:23 +0100 (BST), Jason Clifford
<jason at ukpost.com> wrote:
> No, you'd have to make a, very small, change to your application to call
> pam_set_item with the data for lhost in the PAM handling routine.

Ah okay.. That's what I figured.

> Then you'd put the code to use that data however you need to into the
> module.
>
> You'd also need to add the definition for lhost to the _pam_types.h file.
>
> Do note that I *really* do not recommend this approach.
>
> Simply using a different pam configuration for each service as set in the
> application configuration for each vhost should not be hard at all and
> should not require any work beyond simple configuraion options.

What do you mean by a different pam configuration for each service?
Is there a way to do this via pam configuration?  They're all the same
service per se.  They're listening on INADDR_ANY, how would you
recommend accomplishing this via a configuration method?  I'm for
anything that doesn't require me to modify the individual application
code.

Thanks again!  This is all very helpful.

Regards,
-JD-