Additional items in _pam_types.h?

Philip Yarra philip.yarra at internode.on.net
Wed Sep 29 02:24:13 UTC 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:29 am, Jason DiCioccio wrote:
> Would anyone else see it beneficial to add some additional items into
> _pam_types.h that would be a standardized way for applications to
> provide a local address, local port, remote address and remote port?
>
> Something like:
> #define PAM_RADDR          11
> #define PAM_RPORT          12
> #define PAM_LADDR          13
> #define PAM_LPORT          14

Yes, that would help address the issue I am attempting to solve (see
https://listman.redhat.com/archives/pam-list/2004-September/msg00022.html) -
at least, it would remove one gethostbyname() call.

BTW, I didn't get any response to my original post. I am working on pam_ipcmp
as time allows regardless, I'll post it for feedback when I have it working.

Regards, Philip.