FW:PAM error while executing "make" for samba on aix5.2

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Thu Feb 10 10:17:00 UTC 2005

Chandana.Varsha at iflexsolutions.com wrote:
> I have read in some document that pam-devel packages provide the
> required header information. But unfortunately I am unable to get any
> links to download these pam-devel packages for AIX.

There is no equivalent to pam-devel for AIX 5.2, the base OS includes all
of the headers and libraries required to build PAM apps.

> Can any one give me a link as to where I can download this package?
> I would like to try with this option and see if the error gets sorted
> out.

The problem appears to be that AIX has a different definition:
PAM_AUTHTOK_RECOVERY_ERR.

Adding "-DPAM_AUTHTOK_RECOVER_ERR=PAM_AUTHTOK_RECOVERY_ERR" to CFLAGS
ought to do it.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.