pam_tally with sshd: ssh password-based failures not tally'd

Philip Yarra philip.yarra at internode.on.net
Mon Jan 10 02:40:25 UTC 2005

That's pretty common when you have a load of keys added to ssh-agent - ssh
client tries each of these first, before asking you to provide a password.

Either specify password as the PreferredAuthentication for this Host, or drop
all identities from ssh-agent (ssh -add -D) and try that.

Regards, Philip Yarra.