Re: pam_tally with sshd: ssh password-based failures not tally'd

George Hansper wrote:
It may have been host locking. I'm trying to provoke user-locking,
and I'm not having much success.

You're right - it's not working in the released code. Sorry about that. I'm just updating the documentation for a new release that fixes that bug and also

* adds /etc/security/pam_abl as a default argument to pam_abl
* displays which users/hosts are currently blocked
* allows you to unblock (wildcarded) users/hosts

I should have it on the site within the hour.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net