pam_tally with sshd: ssh password-based failures not tally'd

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Mon Jan 10 23:07:20 UTC 2005

George Hansper wrote:
> It may have been host locking. I'm trying to provoke user-locking,
> and I'm not having much success.

You're right - it's not working in the released code. Sorry about that.
I'm just updating the documentation for a new release that fixes that
bug and also

* adds /etc/security/pam_abl as a default argument to pam_abl
* displays which users/hosts are currently blocked
* allows you to unblock (wildcarded) users/hosts

I should have it on the site within the hour.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net