pam_tally only for root

Asif Iqbal iqbala-pam-list at qwestip.net
Mon Jan 24 18:00:43 UTC 2005

Hi All

I am planning to use pam_tally for console login to the server. Now I
like use it only for root account and no other user. In other words only
for root account allow 3 try and then lock it out until someone manually
reset it. We have system admin users who have full sudo access to do
that. User's do not need to be tallied becasue they all use SecurID for
authentication which has been setup to lock account after 3 fail tries.

Is that possible or should I look for a different solution?

Thanks for any feedback

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu