experimentel Linux-PAM snapshot

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Tue Jul 26 12:58:05 UTC 2005

Hi,

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/kukuk/testing/Linux-PAM-0.99.0.1.tar.gz

contains a tarball of an experimentel Linux-PAM snapshot.

This snapshot uses full autoconf/automake/libtool support. For the
libpam* interface I have added symbol versioning, old obsolete
interfaces were removed. Because of this and problems with binary
compatibility depending on configure options of the current version,
the major version number was bumped to "1".

There are also two parts which are not complete yet: the path to
cracklib dictionaries is hardcoded in pam_cracklib.so and a static
PAM library including all PAM modules cannot be build.
Since I didn't get this compiling with the old release and the code
contains bugs the compiler warns about, I wonder if anybody is really
using this option?

Please test this version and give feedback what does no longer
work.

 Thanks,

  Thorsten

Thorsten Kukuk         http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/      kukuk at suse.de
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH       Maxfeldstr. 5       D-90409 Nuernberg