using 2 different modules together

Terry td3201 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 15:53:22 UTC 2005

Hello,

I am stumped. I have done this in the past without any problems. I want to
authenticate users to a mysql database as well as the local passwd database.
If one fails, try the other, either one will allow them to be authenticated.
I am testing this with both sshd and vsftpd. Here are some facts:

Whitebox 4
pam-0.77-65.1

contents of /etc/pam.d/vsftpd:
auth required pam_nologin.so
auth sufficient pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth sufficient pam_mysql.so user=user passwd=foobar db=db
table=tableusercolumn=username passwdcolumn=password crypt=md5
account sufficient pam_stack.so service=system-auth
account sufficient pam_mysql.so user=user passwd=foobar db=db
table=tableusercolumn=username passwdcolumn=password crypt=md5
session sufficient pam_stack.so service=system-auth

contents of /etc/pam.d/system-auth:
auth required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_env.so
auth sufficient /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
auth required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so

account required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so

password required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_cracklib.so retry=3
password sufficient /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so nullok use_authtok md5
password required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so

session required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_limits.so
session required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so

On the client side of things, I get a strange error output to the screen
with this configuration:
220 (vsFTPd 2.0.1)
530 Please login with USER and PASS.
530 Please login with USER and PASS.
KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type
Name (216.58.238.244:jomama): jomama
331 Please specify the password.
Password:
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x2aacc170 ***
Login failed.

What's my issue?