latin characters and spaces in share names using pam_mount

Xiskator xiskato at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 15:20:02 UTC 2005

We're migrating a whole windows net to linux. My company decided to
use Red Hat. The main problem I have is that many shares contain
spaces and tildes.
I have created one share named, without quotes, "prueba pruebá". When
I make login, this is what happens

westix login: prueba
Password:
pam_mount: reading options_require...
pam_mount: checking sanity of volume record
pam_mount: back from global readconfig
pam_mount: per-user configurations not allowed by pam_mount.conf
pam_mount: expand_wildcard for prueba pruebá
pam_mount: expand_wildcard for /home/&/MiPc/mnt/prueba
pam_mount: expand_wildcard for /MiPc/mnt/prueba
pam_mount: expand_wildcard for uid
pam_mount: expand_wildcard for &
pam_mount: expand_wildcard for
pam_mount: expand_wildcard for gid
pam_mount: expand_wildcard for riu
pam_mount: expand_wildcard for codepage
pam_mount: expand_wildcard for cp850
pam_mount: expand_wildcard for
pam_mount: real and effective user ID are 0 and 0.
pam_mount: about to perform mount operations
pam_mount: information for mount:
pam_mount: --------
pam_mount: (defined by globalconf)
pam_mount: user:          prueba
pam_mount: server:        motorino
pam_mount: volume:        prueba pruebA¡
pam_mount: mountpoint:    /home/prueba/MiPc/mnt/prueba
pam_mount: options:       uid=prueba,gid=riu,codepage=cp850
pam_mount: fs_key_cipher:
pam_mount: fs_key_path:
pam_mount: use_fstab:   0
pam_mount: --------
pam_mount: checking to see if //motorino/prueba pruebA¡ is already
mounted at /home/prueba/MiPc/mnt/prueba
pam_mount: creating mount point /home/prueba/MiPc/mnt/prueba
pam_mount: checking for encrypted filesystem key configuration
pam_mount: about to start building mount command
pam_mount: mount errors (should be empty):
pam_mount: pam_mount: command: smbmount "//motorino/prueba pruebA¡" -o
username=prueba,uid=prueba,gid=riu,codepage=cp850

pam_mount: Could not resolve mount point pruebA¡"

pam_mount: waiting for mount

I'm using pam_mount-0.9.16-1.i386.rpm.
I'm wondering if all comes because of the locale settings or something
like that. But I suppose that in that stage of the pam login procedure
(auth) there are no settings of shell type, languajes, character set,
and so on.

I attach my settings of /etc/pam.d/login
#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     pam_securetty.so
auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
auth       required     pam_env.so
auth       optional     pam_mount.so use_first_pass
account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
# pam_selinux.so close should be the first session rule
session    required     pam_selinux.so close
session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    sufficient   pam_script.so runas=root
session    optional     pam_console.so
# pam_selinux.so open should be the last session rule
session    required     pam_selinux.so multiple open
session    optional     pam_mount.so

/etc/pam.d/system-auth

auth        required           /lib/security/pam_env.so
auth        sufficient         /lib/security/pam_unix.so
auth        [authinfo_unavail=ignore success=1 default=2]
/lib/security/pam_ldap.so use_first_pass
auth        [default=done]     /lib/security/pam_ccreds.so
action=validate use_first_pass
auth        [default=done]     /lib/security/pam_ccreds.so action=store
auth        optional           /lib/security/pam_ccreds.so action=update
auth        optional            pam_mount.so use_first_pass
auth        required           /lib/security/pam_deny.so

#Seccion account
account     [user_unknown=ignore default=done]
/lib/security/pam_unix.so broken_shadow
account     [authinfo_unavail=ignore default=done] /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
account     required      /lib/security/pam_permit.so

#Seccion password
password    requisite     /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so retry=3
password    sufficient    /lib/security/pam_unix.so nullok use_authtok
md5 shadow
password    sufficient    /lib/security/pam_ldap.so use_authtok
password    required      /lib/security/pam_deny.so

#Seccion session
session     required      /lib/security/pam_limits.so
session     required      /lib/security/pam_unix.so
session     optional      /lib/security/pam_mkhomedir.so
skel=/etc/skel umask=022
session     optional      pam_mount.so

I need a little torch to bring some light to this problem. I'd
appreciate any help.

Thank you.