Linux-PAM 0.99.2.0 released

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Mon Nov 21 18:14:18 UTC 2005

On Mon, Nov 21, Darrell Fuhriman wrote:

> Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk at suse.de> writes:
>
> > This release is the first version based on autoconf, automake and
> > libtool which is declared as "stable" by the Authors.
>
> This implies that portability is a priority (despite the
> Linux-PAM name).  I don't get a clean build on Solaris, although
> I would like to.
>
> If I spend the time doing the clean-up, is there a reasonable
> chance of getting the changes included in the distribution?

If you look at the ChangeLog, you will see that we integrated patches
for Solaris and MacOS X with this release, too.

So yes, we care about portability, but it does not have a high
priority as we are only able to test on Linux. But if somebody creates
clean patches (Not a cascade of OS specific "ifdefs") we will of course
discuss and apply them.

  Thorsten

Thorsten Kukuk         http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/      kukuk at suse.de
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH       Maxfeldstr. 5       D-90409 Nuernberg