pam_mount SMB

LeRoy DeVries dutch1918 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 23:08:37 UTC 2005

I have pam and pam_mount installed on a SUSE10.0 box.  I am networked with
another winxp box and I can mount the shared folder on the winxp box using
the cmd from root "mount -t smbfs -o lfs //dw/SharedDocs /mnt/music" on the
SUSE box

Am now trying to get it so it will mount after the suse box boots and I log in
using pam_mount.  I have the following line in my pam_mount.conf
'volume ldevries smb dw SharedDocs /mnt/music rw,guest - -"

However, I can not see the mount in /mnt/music

I am a linux newbie so I'm sure I'm not doing something right and any help
would be appreciated.