ssh public keys and pam

Daniel Jacober daniel.jacober at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 21:25:42 UTC 2005

Jason

Yes that's exactly what I would like to do.
I would like to store the SSH public keys in an LDAP - Directory
instead of storing them locally.
Then I would like to authenticate against those keys. This way I could
control access to all our servers via LDAP.

I first tried to hack pam_ldap - module but I read about issues in a
newsgroup

http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=614&tstart=15

Therefore I tried to make my own module. But I can't find a way to get
the public key into the pam-module. All I get is the password after
SSH pubkey authentication fails.

Any hint on this subject is greatly appreciated.

Regards Daniel