using "use_first_pass", but how?

Hello everybody on this list!

My problem:
I have to write a module, that needs the previously entered password. To
prevent a second prompting from the user for the password i would like to
implement the "use_first_pass" functionality provided by other modules (to
be able to stack the new module into the current setup). The current
problem right now is that i don't really know how to access these data
inside my custom module.
I read already the whole "module writers guide", but i didn't found any
hints to do this.
And next, as i've read the source for pam_unix and if i understood it
right, it is not storing the entered password, and therefor i can't use
this.
Maybe someone can help me or explain it to me.
Thanks in advice
--
Ingo Malchow
Industriestrasse 42  | 44894 Bochum