Re: anti-bruteforce PAM module

On 20 Oct 2005, at 23:13, Stanislav Sedov wrote:
There is the first version of my anti bruteforce PAM module available.
It's primarily intended for preventing bruteforce attacks on authentification-
protected services (SSH, telnet, etc).

This module mainatins per-host statistics list. When the number of failed
authentification attempts from one hosts exeeds pre-configured limit,
the module performs special actions.

The module was tested on FreeBSD 7.x/6.x/5.x/4.x, RedHat Linux ES 4,
SunOS 5.10/5.11. It's still in alpha quality, since it was not
widely testes. However, it's used already in production, on 20+
servers.

Feel free to send comments/bug reports/suggestions to me. It'll be very
helpful for me.

That looks somewhat similar to pam_abl - although I haven't checked your module in detail. Are there features we should be merging? :)

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net