Pam-list Digest, Vol 34, Issue 6

An Thien killua_bk at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 16 02:36:37 UTC 2006

pam-list-request at redhat.com wrote:On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, An Thien wrote:

> I'm using Fedora Core 6. I tried to use (build) many kind of telnet
> server (telnetd) such as netkit-telnetd, inetutils... But they doesn't
> support PAM. Do you know what kind of telnet server support PAM? Or do
> you have a patch to netkit-telnetd, inetutils?

How about just installing the telnetd that is supplied with Fedora?

Try yum's option to search for the package.

Jason

Hi Jason,
I tried to use telnetd of FC6 (/usr/kerberos/sbin/telnetd), but it doesn't support PAM. Thus, I removed it and installed another telnet servers such as netkit-telnetd, inetutils (--with-pam). But they also don't support PAM :-(

Would you give me some advises to solve this problem?

Thanks
An.

P/S: When build OpenSSH (--with-pam), I configured to ssh support PAM. It's successful.

http://mail.yahoo.com