pam_listfile for session?

Robert Penz robert.penz at outertech.com
Tue Jan 17 10:05:41 UTC 2006

Hi!

I'm using following to mount some samba shares after success authentication
against the PDC.

auth       optional   pam_mount.so use_first_pass
session    optional   pam_mount.so use_first_pass

The problem now is that I get following if I login as root or an local user.

pam_mount: error trying to retrieve authtok from auth code
pam_mount: Conversation error
pam_mount: error trying to read password

Which is ofcourse correct and it still works, but doesn't look good -
specially if I've some scripts which login via ssh and report an error if
they got anything in stdout/stderr. I'm now searching for something which
prevents the session line to be excuted for local users. First I thought at
something like

session     sufficient pam_listfile.so item=user sense=allow
file=/etc/localusers onerr=success

but pam_listfile does not support the session management. Has anyone an
other idea? thx.