Authentication based on return value of external program?

Steffen Weber email at steffenweber.net
Sat Jan 28 14:15:34 UTC 2006

Nick Owen wrote:
> I see.  What if access to the ftp server is only available via a dynamic
> URL that lasts for only a couple of hours?
That´s how we currently handle it. I´ve set a conservative limit of 24
hours. This maybe can be reduced, although a few downloads are quiet big
and depending on the speed of the visitor´s internet connection could be
active for multiple hours.

So it´s not a really big problem for us, although it would be nice to
handle the situation more intelligently.

Steffen