Problem with pam_mkhomedir and ACL

Igmar Palsenberg maillist at jdimedia.nl
Tue Jun 6 08:22:37 UTC 2006

> we are trying get oam_mkhomedir working with ACL. Unfortunately
> pam_mkhomedir (version from debian sarge, 0.76) does not  set the default
> mask right.

The default mask get's set from the parent dir by the kernel.

> It ignores our default ACL settings in the parent directory.

That's unlikely.

> We intensively googled on that problem, read a lot of source code but we
> were unable to find the a solution for out problem.
> Copying /etc/skel manually to the directory works perfectly as well as
> creating a new directory with mkdir.

cp only copies ACL's, mkdir does nothing with ACL's. The most probable
cause is that your default ACL's on the base dir are incorrect / missing.
I've been using the above scenario without problems for years (but with
webroot dirs).

	Igmar