return value of pam_getenvlist mismatch to XSSO

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Sat Mar 11 21:22:31 UTC 2006

Hi,

The X/Open Single Sign-on Service (XSSO) documentation says about the
return value of pam_getenvlist():

"If no values are set, a NULL pointer is returned."

Linux-PAM does not return a NULL pointer, but a pointer to a NULL
pointer.
OpenPAM, which claims to be conform to this standard also returns
a pointer to a NULL pointer if not values are set.

After reading the manual pages of other OS I think XSSO should be
adjusted, not our pam_getenvlist() implementation.

Does somebody know more about this? Other opinions?

  Thorsten
Thorsten Kukuk         http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/      kukuk at suse.de
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH       Maxfeldstr. 5       D-90409 Nuernberg