Problem with pam_mkhomedir and ACL

Hello,
we are trying get oam_mkhomedir working with ACL. Unfortunately pam_mkhomedir (version from debian sarge, 0.76) does not  set the default mask right. It ignores our default ACL settings in the parent directory.
We intensively googled on that problem, read a lot of source code but we were unable to find the a solution for out problem.
Copying /etc/skel manually to the directory works perfectly as well as creating a new directory with mkdir.

Any help will be appreciated.

Greetings Markus / Torsten