Pam-list Digest, Vol 27, Issue 15

Jesse Guardiani jesse at guardiani.us
Tue May 30 13:55:58 UTC 2006

Andreas Schindler wrote:
> Hi, Jesse,
>
> why did you patch mod_auth-pam and not use a PAM-Module that does the same ?

Well, it seemed like mod_auth_pam was claiming the ability to do what I
wanted, but it just wasn't actually capable of doing it. The patch seemed
like the most direct route to my goal.

> IMHO the central idea of pam is to move all the authentication and (in your
> case) authorization stuff out of the application code, regardless of doing
> so in the central application or a loadable module. If you like, i can send
> you the code for a pam module that does exactly wha you want (and even more),
> called pam_ttygroup.

Have you used it with mod_auth_pam? Perhaps you're right, I just didn't know
there was an alternative. Yes, please send the code, along with a brief
description of what to do with it and I'll take a look. Thanks.

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin
jesse at guardiani.us