pam_access and a .d directory

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Wed Sep 6 18:24:28 UTC 2006

Hi,
 On our systems we use pam_access quite extensively. We have a base-set
of rules we apply to every server and then some servers require special
rules. We'd love to be able to use something like:

/etc/security/access.conf <-- default rules
/etc/security/access.conf.d/*.conf <-- additional rules concatenated
onto the end of the whole set.

Just like with all the other .d directory changes it would allow us to
drop a file onto the system to let that work w/o having to modify the
access.conf itself.

So my questions are:
 1. is there some way of doing the above currently that I've just missed
in the docs and the source?
 2. if a patch came to the list to do this would it have any chance of
being accepted? I don't know if the pam leads have anything against .d
configuration structures or not so I didn't want to waste anyone's time,
if so.

Thanks!
-sv