PAM to LDAP

Net Warrior netwarrior863 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 14:30:03 UTC 2007

Hi Bob.
This is how I've got it setted up., all the users are in the LDAP,
except root of course and other local users, I can login locally or
using ssh as well using any user ( if allowed to ).

It would be nice if you post the logs, at least the relevant ones,
to see what's wrong, if it's pam or anything else.

You also need to configure NIS.

auth    required        pam_env.so
auth    sufficient      pam_ldap.so
auth    required        pam_unix2.so

common-session
session required        pam_limits.so
session sufficient      pam_ldap.so
session required        pam_unix2.so

common-account
account sufficient      pam_ldap.so
account required        pam_unix2.so

common-password
password required       pam_pwcheck.so  nullok
password sufficient     pam_ldap.so
password required       pam_unix2.so    nullok use_first_pass
use_authtok

Bytes

During Thu, 12 Apr 2007, Bob Spat Out: