Pam-list Digest, Vol 38, Issue 6

Roberto Dud roberto.dud at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 20:34:37 UTC 2007

Hi Andreas,

I´m usind the site
http://www.wikidsystems.com/documentation/howtos/tacacs_twofactorauthentication/to
configure pam_tacplus in my Red Hat 4, but isn´t work.

My /etc/pam.d/tacacs:

#%PAM-1.0
auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_tacplus.so debug
server=(my_tacacs_IP) \
secret=MySecret encrypt
account    sufficient   /lib/security/pam_tacplus.so debug
server=(my_tacacs_IP) \
secret=MySecret encrypt service=shell protocol=ssh
session    sufficient   /lib/security/pam_tacplus.so debug
server=(my_tacacs_IP) \
secret=MySecret encrypt service=shell protocol=ssh

My /etc/pam.d/sshd:

#%PAM-1.0
auth       required   pam_stack.so service=tacacs
#auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
account    sufficient   pam_stack.so service=tacacs
account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    sufficient   pam_stack.so service=tacacs
session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_limits.so
session    optional     pam_console.so

Im my tacacs server my secret keys pass, but my user do not pass. See my log
on tacacs server:

Mon Apr 16 17:31:11 2007 [26137]: db_get_host: getting hkey from nas(IP)
Mon Apr 16 17:31:11 2007 [26137]: Error verify: failed - could not
authenticate for user 'root' on NAS 'IP'
Mon Apr 16 17:31:11 2007 [26137]: default_fn: pap-login query for 'root' ssh
from IP rejected

Thanks,

Dud.