Pam-list Digest, Vol 42, Issue 3

Andreas Schindler schindler at az1.de
Sat Aug 4 19:56:23 UTC 2007

> I'm studying on pam library , and I run the code given by "The
> Linux-PAM Application Developer's Guide" on redhat linux.
>
> "retval = pam_authenticate(pamh, 0);" is running successfully
>
> but the next "retval = pam_acct_mgmt(pamh, 0);" return
> "PAM_AUTHINFO_UNAVAIL"
>
> I don't know what problem is it? Please do me a favour.
>
> Thank you very much

Chu,

there are several things in your program to be checked:

   1. have you already defined the 'service' 'check_user' in your pam.d
      directory?
      If not, the behaviour will fall back to service 'other', which may
      be missing too.
   2. Does your conversation function 'conv' as defined in pam_start()
      work well, i.e.
      does it query for a password? If not, you must supply a password
      via pam_set_item()
      to make pam_authenticate work.

I suggest, you go and start a debugger (gdb) to look for what your
example program
is doing in detail.

Regards,
Andreas
--
Dr.-Ing. Andreas Schindler

PDV Systeme AZ1 GmbH
Frankfurter Str. 141
63303 Dreieich

Telefon 06103-57187-21
Telefax 06103-373245

schindler at az1.de
www.az1.de

PDV Systeme AZ1 GmbH, Brandeniusstr. 3, 44265 Dortmund
HRB 11089 Amtsgericht Dortmund, Geschäftsführer : Klaus-Jürgen Koke,
Joachim Carle