pam_unix.so + nsswitch.conf + nis

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Wed Aug 22 06:36:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, Aug 22, Dominik George wrote:

> Nothing REALLY to do with the topic, but does that mean that my
> configuration with the +:::::: notation is old and should be updated?

The + notation exist since a very long time, but there is no successor
which makes it obsolete or deprecated.
If you use it only to enable NIS lookup, you can change "compat" to
"files nis" in /etc/nsswitch.conf. If you use it for access control
or to overwrite single values, there is no alternative.

  Thorsten