Compiling Linux-PAM on Solaris

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Wed Aug 29 20:27:06 UTC 2007

On Wed, Aug 29, Alex Stewart wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 07:23:04PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > I'm interested in seeing Linux-PAM as a whole be portable to other systems,
> > but I don't think you'll have an easy time getting the current Linux-PAM
> > modules to build cleanly against Solaris libpam; if nothing else, the
> > pam_syslog() function is one that was long overdue and restoring the poor
> > per-module code that it was designed to replace sounds like a non-starter
> > to me.
>
> Umm, I think you misunderstand..  my plan was to use the existing code, just
> pull things like pam_syslog() out of libpam into a separate library
> (libpam_modutil or something) which could be used on Solaris without including
> all of the other standard libpam stuff that Solaris already implements..
>
> I haven't looked in great detail into this, but I don't think it should be that
> big a deal to do this reasonably cleanly.. or am I missing something that would make this function difficult to separate from the other stuff?

pam_syslog () and other functions access the internal of pam_handle_t.

I think it is possible to disable this part, it is not mandatory, only
nice to have.

Else all extra functionality is seperated in extra files, should be no
problem to build an extra library from it.

  Thorsten

GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)