pam_namespace and cifs-mounts

Wilhelm Meier wilhelm.meier at fh-kl.de
Mon Dec 17 14:52:50 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to use cifs-mounts and namespaces together. I set up an
client machine which mounts user-homes and public directories, e.d.

/home/tester (is mounted from //server/homes/tester, uid=tester)

/var/lib/cifs/public_inst/tester (is mounted from //server/public,
uid=tester)

and with pam_namespace.so

/home/public is bind-mounted from /var/lib/cifs/public_inst/tester in
the new namespace.

If I try this with an additional uses (replace tester with tester2 in
the aboce example) simultaneously on the same machine, I got

CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13

Any hints?
--
Wilhelm