query regarding session management

Varun Vijayvargiya varunvijayvargiya at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 12:01:10 UTC 2007

Hi
Actually I was working on very basic PAM stuff
I need to know how is this session mgmt working
Once i successfully authenticate a user, and call pam_open_session() it
returns a PAM_SUCCESS (I am included sess required pam_unix.so in my config
file)
but I want to exploit this further. i heard of pam_mount but dont know how
to use it.
So say once pam_opn_session is successful what can i do with it. Like
suppose i make a remote login kind of stuff. Now user is authenticated and
wants to see his files in his Home folder. So suppose i have this option of
running a command 'pwd' remotely. this i ran using passthru in PHP( i used
this for server side scripting. Web server used was Apache).So it gives me
the working directory of public_html whereas i wanted the directory to be
/home/<username>. how should I do it. I mean should I make changes in config
file or assign some permissions or load some module like mount. I couldnt
get much documentation on mount

varun