Re: Preventing reverse DNS lookups

Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
On Fri, Dec 14, Eric Smith wrote:

I've googled this for several hours and gotten nowhere, so I'm turning to this list in hopes someone can point me in the right direction.

I think this is a PAM question.  If not, my apologies.

I want to prevent reverse DNS lookups on log lines like this:

Dec 13 20:13:14 myhost vsftpd: pam_unix(vsftpd:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=ftp ruser=adrian rhost=s42.deinprovider.de

Please see "man pam_set_item" and search for "PAM_RHOST". This item
is set by the application, not PAM.

I feared as much. I came across pam_set_item while researching this. I'll look through the vsftpd docs.

Thanks for the responses.

Eric.