pam_cracklib build problem

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Wed Feb 14 19:12:26 UTC 2007

On Wed, Feb 14, Marcin Krzysztof Porwit wrote:

> I'm trying to build pam_cracklib out of the latest Linux-PAM sources,
> and failing miserably. The module does not appear to build by default,
> and configure --help does not show any flags for how to enable it. If I
> tweak the modules/pam_cracklib Makefile, I can get a .o, but it then
> blows up with a libtool error on the make install target.
>
> Googling has so far not yielded anything useful. Does anyone have any
> pointers?

At first, the error message would be usefull. But I guess it would
be already enough too look, what configure does not found. I would
expect the cracklib libraries. No cracklib libraries, no pam_cracklib.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk, Project Manager Base System, Release Manager SLES
GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)