undefined reference to 'yywrap' while compiling PAM

Dallas Clement dallas.a.clement at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 18:10:17 UTC 2007

Hello All,

I'm having a devil of a time compiling PAM.  I keep running into the
following error:

/home/dallas/downloads/Linux-PAM-0.99.7.1/lex.yy.c:1100: undefined
reference to `yywrap'

I'm cross-compiling to a i686 target from a Debian 4.0 system.

I've searched all over the Internet looking for answers.  Some say that
you should downgrade your 'flex' package to make this go away.  I did so
to 2.5.4 and it still didn't make any difference.

Can anyone please advise on how to overcome this error?

Thanks,

Dallas Clement