writing custom pam!!!

Nick Owen nowen at wikidsystems.com
Thu Jun 14 14:26:41 UTC 2007

Lisa:

I'm a bit confused by your questions too, but I think I can help as I
have documented a lot of "how to use WiKID one-time passcodes with x"
setups (http://www.wikidsystems.com/documentation/howtos/).  Most should
be applicable to whatever OTP system you are using.

If you are looking to validate a user against active directory as well
as against an one-time password system, then I recommend that you use
pam_radius pointed to Microsoft's radius server ISA.  ISA (2003 or
greater, IIRC) will validate that the user is in AD and then proxy the
request to a radius server and it is included in server 2003.   You can
find some info here: http://tinyurl.com/2cofys
http://www.wikidsystems.com/documentation/howtos/how-to-configure-the-microsoft-isa-server-to-support-two-factor-authentication-from-wikid/

For apache, if you're sticking with radius, I suggest mod_auth_radius:
http://www.wikidsystems.com/documentation/howtos/how-to-add-two-factor-authentication-to-apache/
or mod_auth_xradius:
http://www.howtoforge.com/apache_radius_two_factor_authentication
Be warned that I had issues with versions of apache later than Apache
2.2.2-10 and mod radius.

If your project is to create a custom PAM module, please let me know. We
would love to have a WiKID PAM module to go with our open source server.

HTH,

Nick