How to compile the PAM module

qin junying.qin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 12:58:44 UTC 2007

It seems that need the path of compiling the module.
I just downloaded the tar package and untar in my /root. That means my
PAM is in /root/Linux-PAM. Therefore,

# gcc -fPIC -c pam_module.c
-I/root/Linux-PAM;/root/Linux-PAM/libpam/include;/root/Linux-PAM/libpam_misc/include

Oh...  There also exist the errors.My code is the pam_limits.c, which
I used directly from the tar package to test the compiling.

If I ./configure in /root/Linux-PAM, that will finish compiling
smoothly in modules/pam_limits/ by typing the make. However, using the
gcc command, I can not succeed compiling the code.

What should I do next? Thanks