Unable to auth with userspace module

Ludvig Ericson ludvig.ericson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 11:59:23 UTC 2007

Hello,
I'm writing a new module for Python to support PAM authorization, it
is written in C.

What I currently do is what the misc_conv function does; I provide a
password when it prompts for a message with pam_message.msg_style set
to PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_OFF and a username when it prompts for
PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_ON (which it doesn't ask for; I initialize the pam
handle with a username already.)

This is my conversation function: http://rafb.net/p/sOjqmC47.html
I have tripple verified that userinfo is available and contains proper
data. The function does reach the end.

When I do pam_authenticate(), I receive the error "Authentication
error" and the syslog just says the regular thing when a password is
incorrect.