query

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Thu Nov 15 13:54:04 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 02:50 -0800, Varun Vijayvargiya wrote:
> I have successfully authenticated a remote user using PAM for my web site.
> Now I want that once logged on the authenticated used may be able to
> see his directories
> Basically something like a remote login. Like maybe once authenticated
> he can see his directories in a hierarchical form. Of course the user
> is registered as a user on the Linux server system.

That's nothing to do with PAM beyond the authentication.

You need to write a web application (CGI or otherwise) to act as a front
end file manager or use one already written by someone else. Once you
have authenticated you can reasonably safely use the remote user
variable from the HTTP session to identify the user and use getent to
determine the user system details.