2 instances of ssh

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Mon Sep 24 20:34:44 UTC 2007

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007, J Adams wrote:

> Thanks, but I'm a little confused. Maybe I'm not understanding your
> answer or might be that I wasn't very clear to begin with.
>
> What I want is to have two instances of sshd that both use Pam, but have Pam
> use a different config file for each.
> How do I use sshd_config to tell pam which config file to read?

I'm afraid you cannot - unless you patch the source to facilitate multiple
PAM service names (assuming you are refering to openssh).

The easiest quick solution would be to compile a second copy of openssh
changing auth-pam.h to specify the service name to something other than
__progname

Then you could use the second sshd (which I assume you would install
somewhere under /usr/local/) as you wish.

Jason