Suggestion

Nick Owen nowen at wikidsystems.com
Wed Jan 9 23:57:24 UTC 2008

Varun Vijayvargiya wrote:
> Hi
> Can anyone suggest me some nice, innovative idea for module writing in
> PAM for my academic project. I have already completed an Application
> writing project in PAM last month.
>
> Varun

Varun:

We would love to have a PAM module for the WiKID strong authentication
system.  WiKID is a two-factor authentication system that uses public
key cryptography to transmit PINs and one-time passcodes securely
between a client and server.

This would probably require writing a WiKID network client in C, which
shouldn't be too hard if you know C and then the module.  Our best PAM
module now is pam_radius which works great, but our radius
implementation depends on a commercial application so we would like to
have a completely open-source version for PAM.

If you are interested, you can find more about WiKID at our website:
http://www.wikidsystems.com and example network clients at our
sourceforge site:
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=144774.
And of course, you can contact me off-list.

Good luck whatever you choose!

Nick

--
Nick Owen